Wednesday, February 18, 2009

Week 5


Assignment: Take 25 pictures of people and places for Mash up project 2.

Craft: I want to take atleast two pictures and combined them together seamlessly to create a picture that depicts a clear message to my audience. I will be doing this combination on photoshop. I will be using such tools as the marquee, lasso, and magic wands to make selections. To transform the picture i will use roation, scale, distort and skew. Further more to make adjustments to the layers or the background i will play around with brightness/contrast and hue/saturation.

Composition: At the time i only have maybe one or two photos i want to use. This weekend is when im going to take most of my pictures for my mash up project. I want to get various homeless people and put them in four different places at Saint Xavier where you could not ignore their presence. This would make poverty a reality to many students and hopefully bring out a positive response of caring and love.

Concept: I want to go downtown and take various picture of homeless people and their living condition. I want to insert these people in various locations on campus, such as our caf, the gym, in class, etc. I want to depict the message that just because homeless people are not present in our everyday life, it is still real and i believe people would care more about this reality if they could see their everyday struggles we take for granted.

No comments:

Post a Comment