Monday, March 9, 2009

Extra Credit

Assignment: Go to Lincoln Art Show










I went to the Lincoln exhibit with Alysha and Jones. It was really interesting and fun to see my art work displayed with so many other artists.











This piece was my leaste favorite. It brought diversity among the other art works, but i feel like it was made over night with not alot of thought.










On the other hand, this was my favorite piece. To me it represents the present Lincoln, by using Barrack Obama's style poster. Also, it shows that Lincoln would still strongly believe in "FREEDOM".





2 comments:

  1. I was unable to attend the lincoln exhibit but I'm glad that some of my classmates were able to go and share the experience with us. Alex showed us some of the different pieces that were on display. I was able to read the posts of the girls she attended to exihibit with but it is much easier to get an idea of what it was like with the images she provided. It is hard to see the craft used on these pieces. However one thing that I do like about Alex'a favorite piece is the color choice. I think it shows how Lincoln was very patriotic. The purpose of this exihibit was to honor Lincoln on his 200th birthday. It was exciting that our artwork was in the exhibit.

    ReplyDelete
  2. craft- this was from the Lincoln show which i was not able to attend. it is a very interesting picture of lincoln i really like how the artist blended the colors together of the red white and blue.
    composition- i think this picture was arranged very well the colors mix well and everything works nicely together.
    concept- it is a portrait of Lincoln in a campaign poster whose style mirrors the style of President Obama's posters.
    it is a very nice picture

    ReplyDelete